The training of specialists in the field of “Public Health” is offered at Ukrainian higher education institutions. The education involves the issues of improving and implementing the state policy aimed at addressing the demographic crisis, increasing morbidity and mortality among the population. They also act as advocates for the rights of patients to receive high-quality medical care. The education involves a lot of similarities with management within medical context. Graduates can find employment in the following positions: manager of health care institutions (international organizations, national programs), social assistance inspector, assistant of an epidemiologist, hygienist, health education teacher, specialist in physical rehabilitation and medical insurance, as well as an environmental inspector.
Professions (positions) by occupation:
- Medical assistant;
- Manager in health care institutions, international organizations and national programs;
- Assistant managers of enterprises, institutions and organizations;
- Social assistance inspector;
- Assistant physician and epidemiologist;
- Instructor from sanitary education;
- Specialist in physical rehabilitation;
- Teacher of valeology; instructor of disinfection;
- Expert from medical insurance;
- National Inspector of industry-related and environmental supervision.