Physical therapy (physical rehabilitation) is aimed at improving the quality of treatment, accelerating the recovery processes and restoring the functioning of the human body with the goal to return to work, and in the case of disability to adapt to new conditions and get back to maximum of active life. The profession of a Rehabilitation physician, physical therapist can be obtained in Ukraine at higher education institutions under the guidance of qualified professors. The educational process includes special practical classes that promote the acquisition of certain skills and allow you to apply your knowledge at the end of study in preschool institutions for disabled children or children with developmental disabilities, rehabilitation centres for adults, hospitals, medical units, clinics, sanatoriums and resort institutions, educational institutions.
Professions (positions) by occupation:
- Manager (administrator) of public health care
- Instructor of sanitary education
- Masseur and specialist in physical rehabilitation
- Assistant teacher of remedial education and teacher of rehabilitation.
- Assistant teacher in social work with disabled children and teacher of valeology
- Instructor of healthy sports in tourism (depending on types of tourism)
- Instructor in physical education and in industrial gymnastics; instruction coordinator in physical culture and sports; instruction coordinator of a sports school; instruction coordinator of simulator complex (fitness facility); athlete instructor; judge and sports trainer; fitness trainer
- Doctor in exercise therapy and sports medicine
- Physician in sports (national team or club team)
- Social mentor working with disabled children; teacher of correctional education; Consultant of psychological, medical and pedagogical issues
- Consultant regarding healthy lifestyle; coordinator in physical education
- The head of the section of sports department; coordinator in valeology; teacher of valeology
- Specialist in sanatoriums and health resort.