Nuclear power is the most “clean” way to generate energy. However, it requires precise calculations in design, cautious work with reactors, and compliance with safety regulations when working with radiation. Therefore, the successful operation of nuclear power plants is a guarantee of national security of the state. To accomplish this task, Ukrainian educational institutions train specialists majoring in “Nuclear Power Engineering”. The students study the principles of the equipment, conduct scientific research, and deal with the important issues of utilization of nuclear waste. Successful activities in this area require perfect training in the field of computer technology, physical and mathematical sciences, studying foreign languages. A skilled power engineer is strongly demanded on the labour market at research institutes and at nuclear power plants.
Professions (positions) by occupation:
- heating equipment installation and repair engineer;
- heating equipment designer;
- research assistant for power equipment calculation and operating modes;
- power engineer or heat engineer of the enterprise;
- NPP nuclear reactor and turbine plant engineer.