The profession “Journalist” is very interesting and exciting; it can be mastered in educational institutions of Ukraine, inviting active, creative and purposeful youth to study in. The students master journalistic skills from leading lecturers and specialists in this area, constantly communicating with their colleagues, attending master classes and conferences. The students have practice in reflecting current events and phenomena (social, political, cultural), being motivated by moral and ethical standards, current legislation, human rights. The graduates hold positions of: journalists (of newspapers, radio, television), managers (mass media, advertising, PR), heads (of press centres, cultural departments, advertising, information organizations), editors.
Professions (positions) by occupation:
- Art director (project manager in show business, publishing, cinema, design, entertainment industry, etc.);
- Creative director (naming, creating and brand development manager, specialist in advertising strategic planning);
- PR director (prestige improvement specialist, image-maker in politics and show business);
- Advertising designer (specialist in corporate identity development for projects and products of the company);
- Advertiser (specialist in advertising development and distribution);
- Press secretary of the heads of non-governmental, political, commercial and state institutions (specialist in information collation and analysis);
- Advertising agent and customer manager (specialist in customer service and advertising strategy development);
- Public relations manager (specialist in organizing and holding special PR events, promotions, etc.);
- Copywriter and speechwriter (specialist in writing advertising copies or slogans, texts of speeches, reports for senior officials of the state, politicians, public figures or businessmen);
- Media buyer (specialist buying air time on radio and television, advertising space in print and electronic media);
- Media planner (specialist in development of media strategy for brands);
- TV and radio presenter (holding and developing programs), etc.