The promising, interesting and exciting professions of a historian and archaeologist may be obtained by choosing Ukrainian educational institutions with a high training base, cooperating with reputed world higher educational and scientific institutions. The students’ training is focused on a considerable number of practical classes, which significantly increases the qualification of a specialist. The students are taught to carry out the educational process majoring in “History”, to operate with the knowledge of historical science (to advise, conclude, carry out an examination), to work with the documents. The qualified professionals can be employed as teachers of history, museum staff, archivists at state administration and non-governmental organizations, and be engaged in research work.
Professions (positions) by occupation:
- Teacher of general education and specialized educational institutions, lyceums, gymnasiums, colleges;
- Teacher of vocational and technical institution or higher education institution,
- Extracurricular and out-of-school activities organizer,
- Research historian,
- Expert in functioning of libraries, archives, museums and other cultural establishments,
- Head of educational institutions and establishments,
- Research assistant,
- May be engaged in journalism, government agencies, think-tanks, political parties, non-governmental organizations involved in the analysis of public policy or research of social processes.