The higher education majoring in “Special Education” is available to all students in Ukrainian higher education institutions and provides for the qualification of a resource teacher, teacher – speech therapist, rehabilitation teacher or its assistant, teacher of correctional pedagogy, educator of children with developmental defects (psychophysical), methodologist or assistant for special and inclusive education. It is a highly-demanded and promising, but at the same time a complicated and time-honoured profession. The qualified professionals (bachelors, masters) can be employed in special educational institutions or boarding schools, general educational institutions, rehabilitation centres, private centres for children development, medical institutions, and also be family counsellors on child development correction.
Professions (positions) by occupation:
- Physical rehabilitation and health science,
- Teacher-speech therapist, resource teacher,
- Educators in special child care centres for children with articulation, intelligence and vision disorders,
- Teachers of special general education schools for children with intelligence disorders,
- Inclusive education teachers of general education schools;
- Resource teachers, teacher- speech therapist in rehabilitation centres for disabled children;
- Resource teachers in psychological medical pedagogical consulting,
- Speech therapists in children’s hospitals.