Nowadays, such industries as pharmaceuticals, medical, food, agrarian and bioenergy are becoming more and more important to effectively function. Specialists in this field are trained in Ukrainian higher education institutions. Among them there are biologists, zoologists, botanists, microbiologists, ecologists, geneticists, who study a wide range of topics including defining effective ways of rational use of biological (natural) resources, solving biodiversity remediation, waste management, developing ways to obtain biofuels, fertilizers and auxiliary products. Holders of a master’s degree can carry out educational activities in higher education institutions. Graduates can apply for such positions as biologist, biochemist, zoologist, microbiologist, botanist, biotechnologist, inspector, researcher, laboratory assistant, teacher.
Professions (positions) by occupation:
- Teacher of Biology and Chemistry; university professor of Biology, university professor of Chemistry,
- Scientist (possibility of continuing education in postgraduate school);
- Laboratory engineer in specialized laboratories (medical, pharmaceutical, food, chemical, etc.);
- Employee of the ecological services and sanitary-epidemiological station;
- Work in the learning management system (head of education institutions, methodologist of regional, district and city education departments, etc.).