Plant protection is an urgent matter in agriculture. There is a demand for specialists who are capable of detecting and eliminating plant diseases, using effective methods of getting rid of insects, rodents and non-target plants (weeds), inspecting compliance with the sanitary norms of cultivation of food and medicinal plants, forecasting the effectiveness of applying the cropping method, organizing cropping, transportation and trade in plant products. Such specialists are trained in Ukrainian educational institutions. The graduates can be employed by occupation in Ukraine, in their homeland, and in European countries. The students may undergo foreign internships and acquire qualification of bachelors, master or PhD. The specialists are employed in agricultural complexes; they carry out educational activity or private practice.
Professions (positions) by occupation:
- Director (deputy director) of agricultural holding or farm business;
- Plant protection agronomist;
- Quarantine service inspector;
- Head of plant protection enterprise, institution, organization;
- Pest development forecasting and signalling expert;
- Research assistant or teacher at educational institution